Veterinary surgery at Haabersti Loomakliinik
No one is immune to injuries and serious illnesses, and pets are no exception. Sometimes, to save a pet’s life, animal surgery is necessary. Veterinary surgery can also be planned, such as castration and sterilization. Such procedures are only performed by a professional surgical veterinarian with a high level of expertise and relevant experience. A vet surgery is a place where the skills and experience of a veterinarian are put to use. These specialists play a vital role in ensuring the health and recovery of pets that require surgical care. Cat surgery requires the expertise of a skilled veterinary surgeon. Our specialists at Haabersti Loomakliinik in Tallinn perform these operations. However, the recovery time after a dog surgery takes a little bit more time because small animals like cats tend to recover more quickly from spaying or neutering procedures, while dogs may have longer recovery times, especially larger breeds.
Types of surgical interventions in veterinary medicine
In vet medicine, there are several types of surgical operations for animals:
- Depending on the nature of the procedure, it might be bloodless (minimally invasive, almost without incisions) or traditional.
- Depending on the purpose of the operation, it may be diagnostic or therapeutic, and a separate group consists of procedures in order to regulate reproductive behavior.
- Depending on the timing, surgical operations might be emergency or planned. There are also cases of forced or delayed intervention.
- Depending on the degree of impact, surgeries can be palliative or radical (completely eliminating the causes of the disease).
Timely surgery for animals helps avoid fatal outcomes, eliminate unpleasant symptoms, prolong life, and improve its quality. The most challenging situations are when a veterinary surgeon must execute emergency interventions. Emergency surgery is necessary in cases of severe internal bleeding, intestinal blockage, or the ingestion of sharp objects into the digestive tract.
There are cases when it needs to be completed as a planned procedure, especially for severe and rapidly progressing diseases such as oncology.
Animal Surgery at Haabersti Loomakliinik
Residents of Tallinn are going to benefit from high-quality surgical care at the specialized vet clinic, Haabersti Loomakliinik. We have highly qualified surgeons who work in a specially equipped operating room. Among our advantages are:
thorough preliminary diagnostics.
- Quality anesthesia, making the procedure comfortable for the animal.
- Availability of a cardiac monitor to track the patient’s condition
- Close post-operative monitoring by a specialist
- The ability to perform minimally invasive and traditional procedures
- Emergency surgery capability.
- Affordable prices: the operation cost of our services is listed in the price list.
We offer these daily surgical procedures:
- Cryptorchid neuter
- Caesarean section with or without neutering
- Hernia repair
- Mass removal
- Wound closure with skin graft
- Eye enucleation
- Cystotomy and Urethrostomy
- Bladder tumours diagnosis and removal
- Gastro Intestinal (GI) foreign body removal
- GI tumour diagnosis and removal
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
And various other operations and procedures can be discussed and performed at our clinic.
At Haabersti Loomakliinik, various types of surgeries are executed, including heart operations like stenting. The level of qualification of our veterinarians allows us to handle even the most complex cases in dogs, cats, and other pets at the best possible cost.